Teen Writer Spotlight: Resident Evil Afterlife by Samuel

Resident Evil Afterlife
By Samuel

Author’s Note: A short story “fan fiction” based on the movie franchise Resident Evil written by Paul W.S. Anderson.
Based upon the video game franchise Resident Evil aka Biohazard
Exclusive preview of the fan fiction short story

[Point of View Alice]
Part: Unknown

Fire all around me. Only little bits of it though. Not a lot. I quickly turn around and roll forward while doing so, I take out my magnums that are just below my breasts, and push myself up to my feet and shoot the first two zombies in the head. Their blood squirts of the brains onto the floor. I smile and turn to my left and with a serious face I shoot one zombie in the head. Another zombie grabs my shirt, I take his hand and twist it, then I quickly kick him on his knees and I shoot him in the head. Now I do a backflip and kick the zombie behind me off the building. There are too many for me to handle. I see Claire by the plane fighting some zombies off. I yell to her as I take a zombie’s hand and kick it then quickly sweep kick him onto the floor. “Claire, get the hell out of here. It is not good for both of us.” I yell. I put my magnums back in their holders below my breasts. Claire looks over to me and nods yes. I see her kill off one more zombie and run to the door, one zombie followed her. I turn around and I am ready to run off of this building. I take out my machine guns and start to run dodging all the zombies. I put my left hand out in front of me shooting the zombie that was ahead, that was in the way of the free fall. I quickly reload the machine gun I used and put both machine guns back in my leg holders. I jump off the building with a whip in my hand that has glass on it. I put my left hand over my head and roll the whole whip around my body. I take out my machine guns again. Far below I see the others. Claire, Chris, Luther, K-mart, and the two survivors in the group. Also a car below.

“I hope you know what you are doing Alice.” I hear Claire’s voice in my headset earpiece. I smile and turn around shooting my whip of glass. I have my right leg over my left. A lot of zombies are free falling with me, well there still above me. I start to shoot with glass all around me now. My hands are facing up as well as my legs; I keep shooting and see zombies going faster down. I killed ten out of twenty-four. I forgot how much I killed on the rooftop.

I quickly look over my shoulder and see that I am almost to the ground. I put my machine guns back in the holster and turn back around head first so I could see how long till I hit the ground. About a couple of seconds, not even. I quickly take a free falling zombie that I shot and lift myself up on his body. I have both of my feet on him. I land perfectly on my feet. I smile as I look to my right and see the others. They are waving come on. I start to walk quickly toward them. “Alice there is a HUGE man with an axe behind you.” I hear Claire’s voice in front of me say. I stop and look over my shoulder. This seven foot five man is wearing a dress, or an apron that is covered in blood. A long stick with an axe is what he is holding on one of his hands. I also see him wearing a black mask, his whole outfit, just black. I run toward Claire and the others. We all hide in a tunnel. The sky is now just cloudy above, a lot of fog around here. Papers, heads, body parts all flying around with the wind, we all stay silent. I wonder what…I stop thinking to myself as I hear this axe man kill the rest of the zombies. I hear heads come off, and that’s it. We all see him continue to walk down the foggy dark street fast with his axe.