Teen Writer Spotlight: A Blue Eyed Nightmare by Jasmine

A Blue Eyed Nightmare
By Jasmine

I woke up this morning to the sound of a blood-curdling scream. I rolled over and looked at the clock, it was 3AM. I started to fall back asleep, when I heard the scream again. This time I got up and out of bed and walked over to the window. I pulled the curtain aside to see hundreds of people. They were thin, beautiful, winged people.

I slid on my slippers and ran down stairs to the front door. I unlocked the door and stepped outside into the night air. The people were gone, all but one. He had short black hair that was spiked in every direction. He also had piercing blue eyes and plane white skin. He ran at me, right then I heard that same blood-curdling scream again…I then realized that I was the one screaming.

“Lexi! Lexi! Please wake up!” I heard my mom cry, plus she was shaking me.

It had all been a nightmare.

I opened my eyes and saw the night sky.

“Where am I?” I mumbled; well it sounded more like “mhere mam I?’

I tried to sit up but my mom gently pushed me back down. “Don’t worry honey, the ambulance is on its way,” She said. She sounded relieved that I was alive.

“Where am I?” I asked a second time.

“You are outside in the middle of the street,” she said cupping my cheek. “I got woken up by a scream and when I got up to look outside you were standing there, then you fell,” she said. I could see the tears running down her cheeks.

It still didn’t seem to make sense, I was lying right where I had been attacked.

“Mom, I have a killer headache,” I said, trying to reach up and touch my head. When I pulled my hand back it was covered in blood. I was bleeding. Bad. I looked over to where my mom had been sitting. She was gone, and in her place was the blue-eyed boy. He grinned at me. Everything went black…

I opened my eyes; it was so bright. I looked around. I was lying in a bed that was not my own. The room seemed sort of familiar. The room was all white, but the door, it was dark blue. The door swung open. It was him

“What do you want?!” I screamed at him. He just shook his head.

“Get away from me!” I yelled as he came and sat next to me.
“That’s no way to talk to the person who saved you,” He said standing up and walking across the room.

“What are you talking about?!” I asked.

“You should know what; you were about to be killed.” He said, going and sitting against the wall. He seemed so peaceful.

“I don’t know who you are, but I want to go home,” I said, standing up. When I stood up, I fell over.

“Alec! Help me, what happened to me?” I shouted. How did I know his name? He seemed so familiar.

“You tell me,” He said coming towards me. He helped me up. I realized that he too had wings.

I shook my head. It still didn’t make sense. “I’m just a figment of your imagination.” He said. I stood up on my own, and he was gone. I shook my head again. That couldn’t be right. Then I heard a strange sound…

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I opened my eyes and hit the snooze button. He was right. I got up and got ready for school. What a strange dream…