Teen Writer Spotlight: Man I'm Late for School by Joey

Man I’m Late for School
By Joey

I overslept and I was late for my first hour class. It was the last full day of school before the final exams for my junior year. My first hour teacher loves to hear a great story why you are late for her class. I have to come up with a great story. So on my way to school I was thinking of all the stories that were tried and failed. I am thinking from my locker to the classroom and this is what I thought of. By the way it’s a Monday. I opened the door for the classroom and the teacher stopped what she was doing and said, “Why are you late for class?”

I walked into the classroom and looked at the clock and said the reason why I’m late today, is that I had to work on Sunday and I never (work) on a Sunday. When I got home from work I was studying for this class. The real reason I was late for school was that I totally did not hear my alarm going off. I was the first kid in her class not to get marked for being late by telling her my story. I was shocked when I was ok to go sit in my desk without being marked late.

Later in that day, I was talking with one of my friends from first hour about my story why I was late. I was telling him how the story as all made up and I was shocked that the story worked. The joke around with my friends was that I had to work last night and had to study. But hey if it works, it works, why change it? The day went on and I thought I was going to get called down to the office over my little stunt in first hour. It’s now 7th hour and I got a pass. So I looked at the pass and written on it was that I had to go down to room 100.

So on my way to room 100 I was thinking what I did that I had to go down to room 100. Then it hit me; I’m getting called down for my stunt in first hour. I walked into room 100 and they said I won the greatest story for being late for school. So I won an award for the greatest story for being late. But part one was over and the other part was still on its way. Because when I got home I was going to deal with my parents. For me it was the worst because I still had the rest of 7th hour and all of 8th hour to go through before I got home to deal with my parents.

The bell rang for the day to end and that meant I had to go home to face the music about being late for my first hour class. I got home with my mom, sister and the kids that she watches when I found out that I was in deep trouble. A few hours later my dad came home from work and we took a seat. We started to talk about my tardy for first hour. At the end of our talk my dad says it was a prank that he set up with the school. But then the school called and the next day they wanted to have a meeting with my parents and me.

After I did my exams, my parents and I went to the office to have the meeting. When we into the room we started talking about my stunt on the last full day of school and by the time the stupid meeting got done it was 5:30 in the afternoon. In the end, fore me being late, I had to work 20 hours of community service. But hey it could be worse.