Extreme Pumpkins by Tom Nardone


I love fall. I love watching the leaves change, breaking out my favorite hooded sweatshirts, and watching football on the weekends. Of course there are also trips to the orchard for apples and more importantly, pumpkins.

I love carving and decorating pumpkins. Most years I'll carve traditional jack-o-lantern, however this year I've discovered Extreme Pumpkins.

Extreme Pumpkins is a website (and a book) that shows new, creative ways to carve pumpkins. Tim Nardone, the creator of Extreme Pumpkins.com gives tips and examples of crazy pumpkins. There's a contest every year, so check out the best pumpkin submissions!

Of course, there are two books Extreme Pumpkins and Extreme Pumpkins II, which show you how to make some of these extreme creations. I'm going to try a Punk Pumpkin this year, and I'll try to post a picture!

Check out the website @ http://www.extremepumpkins.com/ and I'll see you @ the library!

Katie (Now reading Hunger Games)

PS: Just a heads up, the book and website both talk about using power tools and fire. Please think of safety, and ask a parent or adult for permission if you want to do one of the more extreme pumpkins. (Or if like me you are accident prone, carve a nice happy pumpkin and leave the fireworks (and power tools) to the pros!)