Yesterday I gave you the info on the Mario Kart racing extravaganza that'll start off our Wii Gaming Saturday, so today's post is on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The January Open Play was super free form so you guys could get a feel for Wii @ the library (and on the big screen!), so this Saturday we're going to start getting ready for the tournaments in April and May by getting a bit more organized.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rules of Play
This one's pretty simple- up to 4 players pick a character, a stage, and then see how many times you can knock everybody out of the ring (without getting knocked out yourself!) before the time runs out! We'll play 3-minute Brawls on Saturday.
1) Sign up at the door for player order.
2) 4 players battle 3-minute Brawls. The first 4 players to sign up play the first Brawl.
3) The winner of each Brawl stays in to battle the next round. The 3 losers swap out for the next 3 players on the sign-up sheet.
4) Stage selection: The 1st player on the sign-up sheet gets to choose the stage for the 1st Brawl. The winner of each Brawl then selects the stage for the next Brawl.
5) After each Brawl, report your win, loss or DQ to the score keeper (that'll be me!).
6) Brawls continue until just before 4 PM.
7) The 4 players with the most wins battle a final Brawl for Champion glory!
And, just a reminder, breaking the following rules of sportsmanship will result in disqualification from the next 2 Brawls (even if you win):
1) Trash talking.
2) Disrupting other gamers' play.
3) Excessive, on-purpose game-pausing.
4) Refusing to let the next gamer play when it's his/her turn.
See you on Saturday, 2 PM, in the Constitution Room!