SLJ's Battle of the Books!

Do you love books? Love reading about books? Love reading what awesome authors have to say about each others' books? Then head over to School Library Journal's Battle of the Books!

The judges just finished up Round II today, so the bracket is down to 4 books from 16, Octavian Nothing vs. Chains, which'll be judged by Linda Sue Park (I am so glad I don't have to choose between those two phenomonal books), and The Hunger Games vs. The Lincolns, to be judged by Chris Crutcher (can you hear Katie cheering?). Personally, I'm rooting for The Hunger Games (which John Green chose over We Are the Ship yesterday... I knew he was one of my favorite authors for a reason!), which was one of the most amazing reads ever, especially since my personal fave, Graceling, lost out to The Lincolns today.

Each book match-up has some great book commentary by the judge, so check out this and last week's battle commentary while you're waiting for next week's matches.

Megan
(who just finished Stargazer by Claudia Gray this morning, the sequel to Evernight, which introduced a whole new brand of icy ghost that had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up!)

Comments