Teen Books into Movies


Other than Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (I just found my "Snape is Loyal" sticker. Remember that debate?) there are a TON of awesome teen books that are being made into movies for this summer and fall. Here are a few books to check out before the movie comes out!

I Love You Beth Cooper (Larry Doyle): Denis Cooverman gives a memorable speech at his high school graduation where he expresses his love for Beth Cooper. Movie starring Hayden Panettire, and opening July 10th.

Ball Don't Lie (Matt de la Pena): Sticky has had a hard life, but there's one thing he knows, and that's basketball. With Nick Cannon and Ludacris in supporting roles, this will open to limited release in October.

New Moon (Stephenie Meyer): Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are back in the second instalment of the Twilight Saga. Megan already has her advance tickets for the midnight show on November 20th.

For those of you wanting to remember some great books from story time check out Where the Wild Things Are (October) and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (September). Spike Jonze directs the human/ CGI Wild Things while Cloudy gets total computer animation and the voice of Anna Farris.

I'll see you @ the library!
Katie (Tickets are still available for the Harry Potter Party next week!)

Comments

Megan said…
In my defense, I would like to point out that advance tix for the midnight showing of New Moon aren't available yet, so I don't actually have them... but as Katie knows, I'll be picking those up the minute they drop!