Teen Book Review Contest: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer


And with out further ado, here is the award winning review by Susie!
This is a review of the third book in the Twilight series. If you have not read Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer, there may be spoilers.

Book Review of Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
By Susie

I thought the book Eclipse was OK. I think Stephenie Meyer could have done better. I really didn’t like how Bella had to pick between Edward and Jacob. Really? Like we really didn’t know whom she would pick? Edward, of course!!! Wouldn’t everybody know that? Having Bella love Jacob like that? I still picture Bella loving Jacob like a brother, not being in love with him. I think that totally ruined the book. The war between the good and evil vampires was amazing though. It was very, very hard to stop reading once I got to that part. Very well done; I applaud Stephenie Meyer for that. While I was reading this series though, I learned something: never listen to other people who have read the book. I have read the whole series, and people told me this and that about the book (about how this or that part is boring and what not). Everyone was telling me that the beginning was so boring, and I thought it was a great opening to the book. While I was reading, I enjoyed the parts that were quite funny and I laughed out loud. Twilight was not very funny. Out of the whole series, though, I like Twilight the best, though. I mean I love a great romance novel and Twilight was definitely just that. Just the way Meyer described Bella and Edward’s love for each other was incredible. I wish she did a better job in Eclipse. I wish she gave more detail, too. Like when Edward and Bella went to visit her mom. Also, some parts were a little unclear, and I had to go back and reread to finally get the point she was trying to make. Overall, though, the book was good. I would rate it three out of five.

Thanks for writing a great review Susie!