Love the Olympics? Love trivia? Love prizes? Love to read? If your answer was yes to any or all of the above, you're gonna love February at the library! We've got a couple of different ways to win some fun 2010 Winter Olympics prizes, so read on!
Bibliolympics Genre Reading Events
The 2010 Winter Olympics open in Vancouver, Canada, on February 12th, but you can start tailgating early at the library with our 2010 West Allis Teen Reading Bibliolympics. What are Bibliolympics? Bibliolympics work kind of like summer reading, with an Olympics twist. To enter:
1. Beginning February 1, come to the library to pick up your Bibliolympics Entry. They will be available at the adult Info desk and in the teen area.
2. Choose from six genre reading events: historical fiction, realistic & humorous fiction, mystery & adventure fiction, fantasy & sci-fi, manga & comics, and nonfiction. There is no limit to how many genre events you may enter.
3. Read one, two, or three books in that genre. For each book you read in a genre, you're entered into a drawing to win a prize. One book read in a genre is an entry for a bronze medal (small) prize, two is a bronze and silver (medium) medal prize entry, and three is a bronze, silver, and gold (large) medal prize entry.
4. Turn your entry forms in at the adult Information desk by Sunday, February 28th. Winners will be drawn, contacted, and announced on the blog on Wednesday, March 3rd.
And, for a chance to win more prizes, check out our Winter Olympics trivia! We'll have three levels of trivia (easy, medium, and hard) - you find the answers using the web or the library (or both!), turn it in to us, and you're entered into a drawing for a 2010 Winter Olympics prize (more info on prizes TBA on the blog). To enter:
1. Beginning Monday, February 1st, pick up your trivia in the library or on the blog.
2. Find the answers using the web, library books and databases, or your Olympics genius friends! One completed set of trivia = one entry, for a total of three possible entries per teen.
3. Turn in your trivia answers at the adult Info desk or via email by Sunday, February 28th.
The winners will be contacted and announced, and the answers posted, on Wednesday, March 3rd.
What are the prizes, you ask? They're so secret, we don't even know what they are yet! Stay tuned to the blog - we'll be announcing the prizes in the next couple of days.
(who loves skiing the best of the winter Olympics sports!)