You've done the reading, now it's time to relax and be rewarded! Join us this Thursday, August 16th from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM in the Constitution Room for our annual Teen Summer Reading Finale & Silent Auction!
So, how does the Silent Auction work? You guys have all turned in a ton of reading logs, which means you've read literally thousands of pages. For every 50 pages you read this summer, you earned 1 Book Buck - that's 15 Book Bucks for every reading log. What do you do with those? Use them to bid on fabulous prizes, of course!
Bidding will begin at 6:30 PM on Thursday evening, and will close at 8:00 PM. Winners will be announced at the end of the Finale, so around 8:30 PM, and if you outbid everybody else, you get to go home with your loot!
There are a few rules:
1. You MUST be at the Summer Reading Finale on Thursday to participate in the Silent Auction and use your Book Bucks. Book Bucks are only redeemable during the Silent Auction on Thursday, August 16th, from 6:30-8:00 PM.
2. Book Bucks are non-transferable and non-combinable. In other words, you can't use anybody else's Book Bucks, and you can't let anybody else use yours.
3. We have a team of experts currently tallying the Book Bucks you earned this summer - which means only the pages you logged on the reading logs you turned in to us between June 1, 2012 and August 13, 2012 are eligible for Book Bucks.
4. The total number of Book Bucks you use to bid on prize packs must not exceed the total number of Book Bucks you have earned. Keep in mind that if someone outbids you, those Book Bucks are yours back to use again! You can outbid whoever outbid you, or you can use your Bucks to bid on something else if the bidding is getting too crazy for you.
5. You can use your Book Bucks however you want - you don't have to use them all on one thing (though you can if you want to!). But, again, make sure that if you're bidding on a bunch of prize packs, you don't end up bidding more Book Bucks than you have to spend.
6. When bidding on prize packs, your name must be legible AND written at the bottom of the list of bidders. So, if your bid is the winning bid of 5 bids, your name should be in the #5 slot. What if the bid sheet is full, and you want to outbid the last bidder? Ask Megan or Blaine for a supplemental bid sheet!
7. This may be really obvious, but... Book Bucks are not legal tender! Pick & Save totally will not let you use them for a Snapple and some Twizzlers.
Wait, what awesomeness are you bidding on?! Most of the prize packs are currently on display in the library atrium, so come check it out! Prize packs include a Harry Potter smorgasboard, dystopian lit, some paranormal fun, summer romance reads, all three Lord of the Rings DVDs, the first two Men in Black, a writer's bag of supplies, a hardcover of Insurgent by Veronica Roth and Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult, and, my personal favorite, a bite of Rob Pattinson - Robsessed on DVD and some fangs! There's tons more, so if you turned in even one Reading Log this summer, come check it out!
After the Silent Auction closes, we'll draw for the big winners - the fifteen $20 gift cards. You don't have to be present to win the gift cards if your name is drawn - but if you're at the Finale drawing, you will get first pick of the gift cards! We'll also draw for the winners of the Teen Lit and Olympics trivia that was available all summer. We have some fun official Team USA stuff from the Olympic store for the Olympics trivia winners, and paperback copies of the books featured in the Teen Lit trivia for those winners.
Bored? We'll also have snacks and soda, board and card games, the Wii, and some trivia from other events (Hunger Games, anyone?) that you may have missed for you guys to do while you're keeping a sharp eye on your auction bids!
Okay!! See you guys on Thursday night! Still tallying... but we can't wait to see how many pages all y'all read this summer!
Megan and Blaine