New Years Reading

As 2013 wraps up, here are some titles coming up in 2014 that I can't wait to read:

January: Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson
I don't think Ms. Anderson has written something I wasn't excited to read, and she never strays from timely important topics. Her new book is a story of a daughter dealing with her father's PTSD and how his inability to settle down is hurting her.

February: Cress Marissa Meyer
Book three in the Lunar Chronicles brings us a retelling of Rapunzel, with cybogs, computer hackers and the typical fairy tale fare.

February: Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
Science Fiction is turned on it's head with this amazing look at the end of the world, as told by Austin Szerba. Small town Iowa life will never be the same after giant praying mantises are unleashed.

April: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Another end of the world book pits the Chimera against the Angels in the next installment of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. Will Karou and Akiva be victorious? Will they get their happily ever after? I hope April comes quickly!

May: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart 
Secret societies? Pranks, friendship and secrets? I'm not finding too much out there on this one, but I won't miss out on E. Lockhart's newest that is generating a lot of buzz!

I'm sure there will be many more books coming out in 2014, but these are a few I'm looking forward too! (And one I've already read, so check back in February for a review of Grasshopper Jungle! It was wonderful and weird!)

Comments