Even More YA Movie News!

Normally I'd post a book review now, but I just finished Allegiant, and I don't want to risk spoilers for those who haven't read it or the Divergent Series. (Short review, loved it, it was spoiled for me, yet I was still turning pages to find out how!) So here is a short list of some YA books to movies that I didn't have on my radar!

The Giver (August 2014): Finally a movie of the Newbery Award winning book! Jonas is given a slightly different role in his perfect society than expected. As he learns about the role of the Giver in the community, he has comes to terms with how his perfect world is able to be so perfect. Re-unite with your 5th grade book club or read this one with a younger brother or sister before the movie comes out!

Tiger Eyes (On DVD now): Judy Blume's first book to be given a major theatrical release is now on DVD! Read this with your best friend and compare it to other realistic fiction for teens that is out today. Bonus points for reading Super Fudge and finding episodes of the old TV show.

I'll see you @ the library!
Katie (Now reading Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan!)



Comments