Monday Bookish Distractions

Looking for some bookish distractions this snowy morning?

You did read that book, right? Well if that's a little white lie, then you are in good company! Here's a list of the books people lie about reading the most! #1 on the list, Alice in Wonderland!  Maybe make it a goal to read through the list, or just take comfort that you aren't the only one who didn't read it. (My book that I've never read, 3 times, is Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.)

If you have read a lot of those great books, here's a list of first lines, and the author. You supply the title of the book. I got 15/16, and I'm not going to lie, it's because I don't often read scary books, sorry Mr. King!

Over at BookRiot, there is a great write up on some non-traditional media award, like the Amelia Bloomer list, for books with strong feminist themes. BookRiot is also doing some awesome write ups called What's Up in YA. Check out the January list (Part 2) for other news about YA books!

Don't forget there is still time to vote for the MCTBA! That's right you have until March 1st to vote for your favorite!

I'll see you @ the library!
Katie

Comments