Bookish Distractions: Summer Reading Winding Down

Hey, the Reading Race is over! But you still have time to turn in reading logs for coupons and entries in the Grand Prize Drawing for one of 15 $25 gift cards!

Here are some bookish things I found all over the Internet this week:

Are you a Lumberjanes fan? I am, and there is going to be a movie! And it has a director! And I can't wait! Friendship to the Max! (IO9)

Are you counting down the days before you see Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children on the big screen? Then check out some shots from this EW article!

Epic Reads always has great news about teen books, and here's a two-for. First off a list of authors we desperately need new books from, and then 14 books to look forward to this August. John Green another book would be nice when you have time, and while I'm waiting I'll read Enter Title Here by Rahul Kanakia.

If you are a fan of the Netflix show Stranger Things, here is a list of books you may want to check out. I'm adding the show and some of these books to my must watch/ read list! (Book Riot)

Here's another list of books to read before you start high school, which includes my #1 getting ready for high school recommendation, Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar. Check out the book and the list! (Brightly)

Finally, if you are looking for Olympic reads, here is list from the CBC. I can't get enough gymnastics, and might have to check out the Shawn Johnson's The Flip Side after the medals are all awarded!

I'll see you @ the library!
Katie

Comments