Bookish Distractions:

Here's some fun stuff I found on the internet!

Fantasy and Sci-Fiction books seem to have it made, with all the love triangles and saving the world-ness. But every now and then, they still have to learn! Here is a list from Tor.com of ways those characters in those favorite Fantasy and Science Fiction books get their education!

We all know learning doesn't just happen in the classroom, and here are 12 books from Off the Shelf  that take learning out into the real world. I've had a few of these books on my "to be read" list for a while, and maybe it's time for me to pick up Bird by Bird or The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

If you need a laugh, check out this list of things book lovers have to deal with over at Buzzfeed. I'm not too mad if people dog ear my books or never give them back, but inturrupt me when I'm reading? Please don't.

Are you ready for football season? I've got my green and gold ready to go, and have a display of non-fiction books up in the library. Want some teen fiction options? Book Riot has you covered! I highly recommend all three of these titles!

It wouldn't be a Bookish Distractions post without something from Epic Reads, so check out this quiz to decide whether your life is a comedy or tragedy. I got tragedy (with ghosts) and hopefully you get something more uplifting.

I'll see you @ the library!
Katie

Comments