Spring Books: What I Want to Read


I've been in a bit of a reading rut. I've checked out a lot of books, but haven't quite finished any of them. This month has quite a bit of promise with some awesome YA books from favorite authors, or with quite a bit of buzz. Here are a few I'm looking forward too.

Hate You Give by Angie Thomas: Inspired by the Black Lives Matter moment, this book is about a black girl living in both a white and black world. Things get really messy when she witnesses a murder of  her friend by a police officer. This book is already going to be a movie, and has been recommended by John Green. Really, why aren't you on the wait list?

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor: Things I know about Strange the Dreamer: It's by Laini Taylor. Reasons I'm going to read Strange the Dreamer: It's by Laini Taylor. I've been waiting since the last page of Gods and Monsters to read this one, and I know Laini's lush language will draw me in.

Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner: Reading his debut novel, The Serpent King, was like having three new best friends. His sophomore effort is getting good buzz too, and it's about a teen who sent the text that distracted his friend while driving, him and his passengers to die.

The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz: Three teens, living on the border of the US and Mexico deal with unusual families, and the way lives change due to tragedy. This is one of those books that sound heart breaking, so of course I put a hold on it.

Hopefully one of these is enough to get me reading!

I'll see you @ the library!
Katie


Comments