Bookish Distractions: Summer Reading

Hold on to your (sun)hats, sit back with a nice cool drink, and get ready for some bookish distractions:

For starters, don't forget we are Summer Reading already! Stop in the library anytime we are open or sign up on line!

Buzzfeed gets us started with 21 YA Books You'll Want to Get Your Hands on This Summer! Some of these I've featured already, some I'm SUPER excited about, and some I've just ordered. I'll let you try to figure out which is which.

Epic Reads is here with their 16 Most Anticipated June Books, and of course there is some crossover with the Buzzfeed list, but there are some new ones too.

I love when Book Riot does 3 on a YA theme, goes over 3 books and features a title I can't wait to read. This list features covers that feature non-white main characters, and I for one think Saints and Misfits has a great cover, and a can't wait to read story line!

Are you looking to tour some awesome bookstores? Book Riot has a list of the Best Book Store in Every State, and Washington DC. I sense a road trip coming! For those of you who would rather travel in your imagination, check out this list of 12 Fictional Bookstores We Wish were real from Electric Lit. The Shop Around the Corner from You've Got Mail is part of the reason I'm a librarian!

Finally, if you are going to catch up on some of your favorite series, but have no clue what happened in the last book, here's a site with book reviews and recaps, kindly called Book Series Recaps.

I'll see you @ the library!
Katie

Comments