New Teen Books!


Happy July y'all! We are still simmering in the days of Summer Reading, and here are some new books I thought I'd introduce you to, from my TBR* list.

Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali: Janna is a girl straddling many worlds. There is the world of her Mosque, and her Muslim community, and then there is the rest of her world, with non-Muslim friends and school. Janna is a misfit, who doesn't quite fit in either place. Plus she knows about the monsters that are disguised as saints. I breezed through a few chapters of this one, and I can't wait to see how it ends!

Coming Up for Air by Miranda Kenneally: Maggie has only lived for one thing: swimming. Now that she's a senior, she feels like she's missed out on the typical high school experience, like having a boyfriend. Can she balance friends with benefits type relationship with friend Levi and manage to make the Olympic trials? I look forward to the new Miranda Kenneally book every summer, and my only issue is this one isn't out in time for me to take on vacation!

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon: Dimple is a girl who knows what she wants, and part of that is an escape from her more traditional Indian family. Rishi is a romantic, who wants every part of an arranged marriage. When they end up at the same summer camp, sparks fly. I can't wait to read this book that explores the tradition and realities of arranged marriage.

Hoping to read these soon!
Katie

*To Be Read

Comments