Bookish Distractions: October 18

It's mid-week, I'm trying to review Turtles All the Way Down for you (Quick 6 word review: Loved it, Loved it. Loved it), and here are some Bookish Distractions, while you wait!

Hogwarts House Reading Lists! Right now Book Riot has Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, and you know I'll post updates for the remaining two houses. No matter what house you belong to, there are some really great reads!

Do you buy books from Amazon? If yes, you need to read this article from LifeHacker. I kind of knew some of this form working in a bookstore way back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Here's an easy solution: come to the library for your books! We always buy from the publisher, and it helps the library too!

Because we are counting down the days to Halloween, and spooky books are on the mind, here is a list of the best YA Horror books according to Good Reads, over on Bustle. Or you can kick it old school, and check out some GooseBumps books that are still scary, thanks to Buzzfeed.

Having a Halloween Party, here are some cool DIY crafts and snacks you can make. I'm all for the Brain Cake, and if I had time, I'd totally make some of the candles! (Mental Floss)

And finally, for your laugh of the week, a few librarians did their own take of a Kardashian photo shoot. I'd be much better at Keeping Up with the Librarians...(Buzzfeed)

I'll see you @ the library!
Katie

Comments