Save These Books!



As the dust of Summer Reading settles, I go through all the books in the Teen Collection to see what is being checked out and what is not. Getting rid of the books you aren't checking out and reading helps make space for all the AWESOME new books that are coming out.

However, there  are always a few books on the list that just break my heart, whether for personal (the book that I loved) or professional (it won ALL the awards) reasons. So this fall I invite you to save a book!

Here are some books that I will be sad to see go:

Carter Finally Gets it by Brent Crawford: This is one of the funniest books I have ever read. It is suffering from a case of "got rebound-itus" and is sadly out of print, and I highly recommend not eating Taco Bell while reading this book. It's about Carter, and his first year of High School as he tries to, well, get it.

Fat Cat by Robin Brande: This book is for those of you who are doing Paleo, or your friends, which is kind of like Cat's senior project for science. She decides to eat like a caveman for a year and measure the changes in her body, which was a bit more revolutionary in 2009. Still this is a fun realistic read, and I remember loving it when I read it!

Mad Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller: The year is 1909, and Victoria "Vicky" Darling has everything she wants, until she is sent home to London, and forced to enter "society" to cover up her scandal. What she doesn't realize is that history is happening all round her, including the Woman's Suffrage movement. This is a great historical fiction book that kind of un-romanticizes a time that's easy to imagine as glamorous.

Save a Book @ your Library!
Katie

Comments